I’m not even kidding, I wanted to text my wife a virtual “fist bump” today after our infant made made me LOL over something he did. But since I’m an android user… that wasn’t possible with the emojis my phone possesses. I mean, really Google? WTF, dude?
Fast forward a few hours later and I learn that IT IS possible to emote a proper fist bump… just not with my phone.
You see, Apple rolled out a new version of their iPhone and iPad operating system yesterday. The update brings all sorts of bug fixes and code optimizations… but it also brings a crap ton of new EMOJIS.
104 brand new ones, that is.
Here are some of the highlights…
1. A drooling face.
2. A singer in front of a microphone with David Bowie makeup.
3. A pregnant woman.
4. The “facepalm” . . . a person putting their hand up to their face in exasperation.
5. A person shrugging.
6. An arm holding a phone taking a selfie.
7. A fist pointed sideways, like it’s fist bumping.
8. A BLACK HEART.
9. Foods like avocado, bacon, pancakes, and peanuts.
10. And a glass of whiskey.
(Here are all of the new emojis.)